How To Identify Bed Bugs
Adult bed bugs are light brown to reddish brown and can grow to about the size of an apple seed. Before feeding, bed bugs are flat. The abdomen of bed bugs are covered with microscopic hair and have a banded appearance. Adults typically grow to 4 - 5 mm in length and 1.5 - 3 mm wide.
Where To Find Bed Bugs
- Behind mirrors & picture frames
- Matress & Sheets
- Nightstand & desks
A few signs that you may have bed bugs include:
- Dark spots and blood stains on mattress and bedding.
- Exoskeletons (skin sheds during growth) of bed bugs.
- Live bed bugs themselves.
- Waking to itchy red bumps that were not there before.
What To Do If You Find Bed Bugs
If you find bed bugs in your home, do not try to take care of the situation yourself. If you move a mattress or anything else infested with bed bugs, you could actually make the problem worse, as they could move to another area of the house due to the infested item being moved. The best thing to do if you have a bed bug infestation is to call the best pest control company at the Lake of the Ozarks at 573-348-1600.
Avoid Bed Bugs
To help you avoid a bed bug infestation, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- While staying in a hotel, before settling in, pull back sheets and inspect the mattress and box spring for bed bugs and stains. Inspect the entire room before unpacking and notify management if any activity is found.
- When you arrive back home, inspect your suitcase thoroughly before bringing them into the house. Dry all clothes - even those not worn - on high heat to eliminate any bed bugs and their eggs.
If bed bugs hitchhiked their way back to your home, it's important to call a professional pest control company at the Lake of the Ozarks. Bed bugs are extremely difficult to eliminate and requires a professional technician to ensure the job is done correctly. Call Best Pest Control at 573-348-1600 to schedule your appointment today!
THE LAKE'S MOST TRUSTED PEST CONTROL COMPANY
573-348-1600 in Osage Beach